Pema Golden Bridge
Shaping future through education
Our Project: Urgyen Kater Rabye Ling School
With the help of your donations, Golden Bridge supports the construction and operation of the boarding school Urgyen Kater Rabye Ling, an educational home for in the beginning approximately 500 students located within the Tibetan settlement Dhondeling in Karnataka, South India.
Envisioned is a modern training institute focusing on primary education as well as advanced Tibetan-Buddhist studies (Shedra) which aims the students up for successful life paths and at the same time provides home and shelter in order to empower children and young adults from underprivileged families of the Himalayan region and the Tibetan settlements.
Welcome to the website of Golden Bridge charity
We are a charitable organization promoting access to education in order to empower disadvantaged children and young adults from the Himalayan region and the Tibetan settlements.
Read more >>
Our main projects at is the construction of the Buddhist boarding school Urgyen Kater Rabye Ling in Dhondeling, South India. We already provide a home for 70 students who are studying with us.
Read more >>
The majority of the Buddhist families in the Himalaya region in India live in very modest economic circumstances and many of them or below the poverty line. As a result, many children have no access to school education.
Read more >>
What comes next
- Recently, a number of bathrooms were tiled, and toilets, sinks and showers were installed. The exterior walls facing the veranda were also tiled to window height. Much plastering was done, and exterior walls and windows were painted. Certain utensils for the kitchen were ordered.
- Prior to that, the water and sewer pipes and electrical wiring had been installed.
- The next step now is to fit the doors and window panes, and to lay floor tiles in several interior rooms.
- We are still collecting funds for additional wall tiles for the bedrooms and classrooms, and Golden Bridge is also looking for sponsors for finishing kitchen and solar panels (for hot water, lighting and kitchen). We also need to purchase another plastic water tank for temporary use, so that our students have enough water.
- After this work has been accomplished, our first students can move from their temporary accommodation to the new premises and fill our Lama Cheno School with life.
- The prayer hall that is further up on the hill which will serve as the throne for the large Golden Buddha statue is under construction.
Become a donor
We have done a lot, but a lot more is to come! By becoming a supporter, you can make a change. You won’t be just a part of this project, you will become a reason for this school to exist, you will become a reason for a better and brighter future of our students. With each of their activities your kind support will multiply and reach out the world and bring great benefit!
- Offering of Monks’ Robes and BedsIn Buddhist communities it is considered a good and auspicious connection for lay people if they make offerings of robes to the monastic …
- Losar Tashi DelekLosar (Tibetisch Neujahr) is the time of the year when everybody helps cleaning and tidying up. The walls and the majority of the …
- Fundraising for Finishing our SchoolCan we finish the ground floor of the school before the end of 2021? Let us all together help Pema Rinpoche in getting …